Friday, August 1, 2014

Regret At Age Fifteen

When asked what their biggest fear is, some of these teenage girls replied with the expected heights, bugs and crowds, but a majority answered with shockingly adult answers. Death. Not fulfilling their dreams. Not being happy with their life when they're older. Failure. The future.

These are things that I fear, as a forty-year old! At their age, I don't remember thinking about failure. Even while pushing through adversity I only thought about what I was going to accomplish. Though these fears may have always been there I'm sure I wasn't aware of them until quite recently. It makes me wonder what these girls will fear when they're my age. Perhaps, having lived through these fears, they won't fear anything at all!

Courtesy rookiemag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment